This is the 12th SIGSPATIAL Cup competition (GISCUP 2023), co-located with the 2023 ACM SIGSPATIAL conference. The goal of this annual contest, hosted by SIGSPATIAL, is to encourage innovation in a fun and active way. The winners will be announced at the ACM SIGSPATIAL conference in November 2023. Contest participants will submit original computer programs, and the submitted code will be evaluated by the contest organizers on common data sets.
The 2023 contest will focus on:
Auto-identification of Supraglacial Lakes on the Greenland ice sheet from Satellite Imagery
We seek to automate the detection of surface lakes on the Greenland ice sheet from satellite images, identifying lakes as tagged polygons from a single image, and allowing scientists to easily track the behavior of lakes through repeated summer melt seasons.
You find details on the Problem Definition page.
Important DatesSubmission Deadline: 23:59 (11:59 pm) GMT on Sunday, October 1, 2023. Invitation of papers for best submissions: October 10, 2023. Submission Deadline for invited papers: 23:59 (11:59 pm) GMT on Tuesday, October 24, 2023.
Prizes & Travel GrantsSee Submission and Evaluation for details.
SponsorsSee Organizing Committee for details.
- 11th ACM SIGSPATIAL Cup (2022)
- 10th ACM SIGSPATIAL Cup (2021)
- 9th ACM SIGSPATIAL Cup (2020)
- 8th ACM SIGSPATIAL Cup (2019)
- 7th ACM SIGSPATIAL Cup (2018)
- 6th ACM SIGSPATIAL Cup (2017)
- 5th ACM SIGSPATIAL Cup (2016)
- 4th ACM SIGSPATIAL Cup (2015)
- 3rd ACM SIGSPATIAL Cup (2014)
- 2nd ACM SIGSPATIAL Cup (2013)